Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Pace Picante Chicken Tortilla Super Bowl Soup

Okay Okay...I know this isn't a cookie post but it is a good one so just hang in there with me til the end and you will love what you see.
I know that I am not a chef, I don't even claim to be an amazing cook but I can come up with some winner recipes from time to time that my family loves. So as a part of the Tastemaker program at Foodbuzz I received two jars of Pace Picante Sauce to try out and come up with a great recipe. It took me a little bit to decide what to try and make with it but I finally did it!

I took some basic ingredients that I almost always have on hand and combined them to make a very yummy (if I do say so myself) soup. In the picture are some of the ingredients that I used.
Here is my recipe. I hope you like it!

Pace Picante Chicken Tortilla Super Bowl Soup

1 lb. boneless chicken breast
1 pkg. mild taco seasoning (I used McCormick)
1 4 oz. can green chili's
1 jar Pace Picante Sauce (I used Medium)
1 tsp. chicken flavor Better Than Bouillon
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp lemon pepper
1 can cream of chicken soup (low sodium)
2 fresh tomatoes diced

In a large pot, fill it half way with water and add the taco seasoning pack. Rinse chicken and add to the water. Boil for about 20 minutes or until done.
Remove chicken from the pot and set aside. Using the broth that has been made by cooking your chicken, add the remaining ingredients and stir well. You made need to whisk the cream of chicken soup in to prevent the lumps. Shred the chicken and add this back to the pot. Let this simmer for 20-30 minutes.
You can garnish with cheese, green onions, sour cream, and of course tortilla chips.

Note: I made my own tortilla strips with regular flour tortillas. I cut them in strips and sprayed both sides with cooking oil. Sprinkle with salt and bake for about minutes at 350 degrees.
This really is a simple soup to make and has a lot of flavor. For those of us who are trying to watch our figures, it is pretty darn healthy too.
Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. You're back! I've missed you and that looks so yummy. I will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making soup and this recipe sounds absolutely delicious!

    -Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...that soup looks fab! I will totally try it...thanks so much for the recipe!
    http://thepursuitofmommyness.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks really yummy and easy! Thanks for sharing! Is it for a competition?

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, that sounds DELICIOUS!! and I'm pretty sure I have all the ingredients on hand...I'm putting it on next week's menu - thanks for sharing!! :)

    (stopping by from SITS!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, that looks SO good. My stomach is actually rumbling. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzi told me you had a great Pace recipe over here. Your soup does look terrific! Nice job using your Picante sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by - this soup looks fantastic! Perfect for the snow day we better get! :)

    ReplyDelete

Who's a Sweet Cookie?